Sunday, March 4, 2012

SWATCHES of Essie Sand Tropez


I feel like I can't actually give an accurate review of this polish because I had my nails done at a salon. Well, I had two coats put on, was frustrated with the way it looked and the finish, came home, took out my bottle of Sand Tropez, added another layer, fixed up the mistakes, and topped it off with a layer of Seche Vite. Yes, I'm one of those people. I actually finished filing my own nails at the salon because I wasn't happy with the way she shaped them. Anyway, getting back on track...I'm just going to show you swatches and if/when I try this color again I'll put up a review. I think this is a lovely nude color. It's perfect for someone with my skintone which has a little too much yellow and red to look good with a lot of the basic nudes. The color reminds me of when you mix a lot of cream and milk into coffee (Sorry, there's probably a fancy drink name but I don't drink coffee so I wouldn't know) and it's a touch darker than the shade people mean when they talk about nude underwear. It's a little less peachy and more light tan/brown. I think this might be a shade to repurchase if the formula is good though I wouldn't mind going even a touch lighter in color because this does look the slightest bit dry/aging. Also, I do sometimes get the sense that I have mannequin hands. The following swatches are all pretty similar except for the last one but I do think this polish has subtleties. It is primarily light brown/tan but it also has this gray/purple putty feel to it.
 
SWATCHES











No comments:

Post a Comment