Friday, December 6, 2013

REVIEW of Zoya Mason With SWATCHES

Hello bunnies,



Zoya is really killing me with the names. How am I supposed to come up with adorable endearments? Anyway, I received Zoya Mason in my October Ipsy Glam Bag so I don't really have a story to tell you on why I wanted to purchase it. But I am happy to have received it in my Glam Bag. So far I'd say it's the best product I've gotten from my ipsy subscription (with the caveat that I still haven't tried most of the products yet).

Color: Zoya Mason is a deep fuchsia shimmer polish with red microglitter. I would call it a mix between purple and pink without it being a duochrome. It just happens to look more purple indoors (especially in the late afternoon and at night) and more magenta outdoors.
Formula: The formula is on the thicker side.
Application: Application of the first coat was very smooth so I believed that the thickness of the formula did not affect the application. Application of the second coat was also smooth but I noticed the thickness of the formula more with this coat. The brush dragged if there wasn't a sufficient amount of polish on the brush and I did have to even out the polish with the brush though I didn't have any issues with dragging or streaking while evening the polish out. Two coats appeared opaque but failed the light test so I added a third coat. Examining my nails after the third coat I could see that the polish had not applied completely evenly. I found the finish to be a bit odd. The polish does not dry matte but it doesn't dry shiny either. I wouldn't call it a satin finish either. It's more like the polish just isn't shiny. Anyway, I added a layer of Seche Vite as I always do so you won't notice this in the swatches below but I felt like it was worth noting. Seche Vite also helps smooth out the uneveness.

CONCLUSION: I don't mind this polish and I'm still happy that I received it in my ipsy bag but it's not my favorite Zoya polish and I can't enthusiastically recommend it because the formula and application weren't great. It's alright but if you purchase this full price you might be disappointed.
SWATCHES













No comments:

Post a Comment