Tuesday, December 10, 2013

REVIEW of Zoya Seraphina With SWATCHES

Hello angels,



Today I have a nice wintery polish from Zoya's Holiday 2013 Zenith Collection. Other than Dream (which I also picked up and which I will be reviewing at a later date) and Seraphina nothing else in the collection really appealed to me but that's alright as Seraphina and Dream seemed like knockouts. I decided to try out Seraphina after filing my nails short in a fit of pique and then belatedly remembering that I had a holiday party to attend. I think it would equally as good on longer nails but this is one of those colors I don't mind so much on short nails. Anyway, let's get into the review before I continue rambling.

Color: Zoya Seraphina is a pale silver polish. I have no idea if I should call this one a shimmer or a foil. It doesn't have the depth of foils I've tried in the past but it was more difficult to remove than your typical shimmer polish and the formula did seem different from a typical shimmer. It went on a bit sheer and almost like little flakes of glitter. But I wouldn't call it a flakie either. I suppose it's a hybrid between a shimmer and a foil. I actually love the color. I'm not sure how unique it is, but it seems unique to me. I think you usually see basic white or cream shimmer polishes and darker silver shimmer and foil polishes but this is the first time I've seen a pretty light silver like this. It's very shimmery without attracting too much attention so it's a bit more sparkly than would probably be appropriate for a very conservative work environment but it's understated for a holiday party. It's very shimmery in a kind of greasy looking way. I was expecting something icy and cool and clean so this threw me at first but I gradually grew to like the polish more as I wore it.
Formula: The formula is on the thicker side in terms of consistency though it is also quite sheer.
Application: Application of the first coat was relatively smooth though I did have to even out the polish with the brush. The second coat was a little harder to even out though I still wouldn't call the polish gloopy. It was absolutely not opaque by the second coat so I added a third coat. The third coat went on about as smoothly as the second coat though it was still not 100% opaque and failed a light test. But I was over it at that point and refused to add a fourth coat.
Wear: I only wore this polish for three days. It was a bit tough to remove. I would say it was more difficult to remove than your typical creme or shimmer and somewhere between the difficulty of a dark polish and a foil. I should also note that it is very hard to get all of the glitter off your nails. There always seem to be a few patches left behind.

CONCLUSION: I do really love the color of this polish but I wish the formula and the final appearance of the polish were nicer. It's just a touch too sheer and I wish they had gone with a different finish. If you love the color as much as I do, it might be worth it to get this polish but be warned that the formula isn't great and it's not as nice as some of the swatches you might have seen online.
Cat is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. If you would like to help support this site, please consider making your next purchase at amazon.com through the links on my page.

SWATCHES









No comments:

Post a Comment