Sunday, December 22, 2013

Zoya Nail Polish Haul

Hello darlings!

I placed another naughty order a while ago. I think instead of sending me into a state of hibernation, the cold weather is inspiring me to shop. I've been pinning (on Pinterest) Zoya polishes from the newest collections for a while and when I saw two, yes two, sale offers I just couldn't help myself. I used one offer to get a free Pixiedust polish and another to get a free green nail polish. I am filled with shame.

But that's a conversation for another day.
You're already met Seraphina. I loved the idea of a light silver polish for the winter but sadly the finish and formula left something to be desired. I'm happy to have it in my collection but I wouldn't mind seeing another brand create a dupe for this polish that was more a traditional shimmer and that wasn't as sheer. Sorry about the bare nails, by the way. They look so naked without polish. 
This is a Dream. She's a stunner, isn't she? I can't wait to try this polish out but at the same time, I'm waiting for the right occasion. I think this will be a polish that is sure to get compliments.
Maria Luisa was my other unconventional pick. It reminds me a little of OPI Goldeneye. I think I'll try this as both a polish and a top coat for the review. I thought I was over gold leaf top coats but I couldn't resist this one after I saw it swatched.
Now for the Pixiedust polishes. This is Chita. I can't imagine her being named for anyone other than Chita Rivera. I don't think will be as vibrant of a green on my nails as it appears in this photo.
This is Carter. She looks a bit pink/magenta in the bottle but all the swatches I've seen have been more purple so hopefully she'll apply as a true purple to the nail.
It really doesn't seem like this polish should be called Sunshine, does it? It's a medium blue polish.
Now for some boring cremes. And if you can't tell, I favor cool colors over warm oranges and reds and pinks and nude shades. This is Hunter. Yes, I know I already have a ton of green creme polishes. But maybe this one will be different. At the very least it means I can do another comparison post. Stop judging me.

This is Sailor. Yes, a hunter green and a sailor blue. How clever. I'm hoping this won't be a dupe for anything I own either. 
And finally I thought I'd throw in a little surprise. The packaging on this polish was a little excessive. This is the outer box. 
This is the inner box. 
Yes, I finally got my hands on Veruschuka, that oh, so elusive matte velvet green polish. This was a limited edition re-release and I had to pre-order it. I hope it'll be worth the anticipation. I'll be using the color for my Christmas manicure.

I hope you enjoyed this quick little haul post. Let me know in the comments if you like this kind of thing or if you'd just like to see more review posts in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment