Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Dannijo Sample Sale November 2011

This one was even less productive than the last one. I'm kind of unsure if I'll bother to trek out to another at this point. I arrived about 10 minutes later than I did to the last one but despite it being dark outside, it was still fall and apparently all the sample sale hunters are in the city so I was at the end of the hallway. Not bad, not terrible. Again, once I left the line was winding down multiple flights. The problem was this time they let in a ridiculous, RIDICULOUS number of previewers or VIPs or whatever they were. I was at the end of the hallway but I'm going to guess I got bypassed by 50 people who were never in line. Yay!

I had two goals this time. Check the prices of Capella and Aurelie if they were present. The Capella was not. There were two Aurelie's in the showroom going for $258 and a denuded one with only the pendant going for $168. $168!!! For a brooch!?! For a brooch on some industrial metal!?! I know! Also, getting a closer look this time, I found a lot of glue. A LOT. That settles it. I'm buying some rhinestones and figuring out how to do this myself if they're just going to use glue to hold it together.

I could have walked away at that point but I didn't. I do love the bracelet I picked up last time. It's a good staple bracelet for stacking. I grabbed another and handed over $11 for it. I should not have done that. It does not have a clasp. The girl SOLD IT TO ME WITHOUT A CLASP, making sure to tell me it was final sale. Bear in mind, I rushed here from classes and had been standing in line for a good long time only to then be shoved around a showroom. I was not entirely present. And yet she sold me the bracelet without a word. Class. That's some Swarovski crystal, glue gun class right there.

On the plus side, I found a very cute snake ring on the street today for $12. It's very detailed and looks more expensive than it was. Imagine that, something looking like it cost MORE than what you paid for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment