Monday, November 14, 2011

Full Essie Winter Collection Spotted

Hello darlings!

I was going to add this into a review of Essie's Bobbing for Baubles which I've been madly searching for at all the local drugstores in NY to no avail, but I've decided that a few coats of O.P.I.'s Ski Teal We Drop will make me much happier right now. Teal is, after all, my favorite color. Anyway, I just thought I'd let you know that if you've been searching in vain for the full Essie nail polish collection for Winter 2011, it's available at Beauty 35, located at 505 8th Ave between 35th St & 36th St. I found it on my way to the Noir sample sale.

I'm not sure if I will be checking out any sample sales this week. It depends if I manage to get all my work done and if inspiration strikes soon enough for me to get a handle on a crazy assignment for my theater class. Now, if the first part of that sentence doesn't make me sound like Cinderella...perhaps the influence of "Once Upon a Time" has altered my view of the world. That or my rapid consumption of fairytales from birth. I was born during the Disney Renaissance, after all. Getting back on track, if I do check out any sales, it will either be Anna Sui, Rebecca Minkoff, or Thakoon. My rainy day budget is dwindling quickly so I have to exercise greater judgment before walking into all these lairs of temptation. Ah there it is again, now the influence of Tartuffe is starting to creep into my writing. OK, I am off before I write something that sounds like Henry James. Oh, the perils of being an English major.

Just one more thing, my lips have been very unhealthy lately so I've been treating them with a steady regimen of Covergirl Natureluxe glossbalm, Vaseline, and Aquaphor. This means I haven't really been testing out any lip products. I can recommend "Marble" (a very natural sheer pink shade, darker and more natural than the other one I reviewed with less noticeable shimmer) and "Peony" (bright red, also sheer but pretty pigmented and definitely reads as a red upclose and at a distance) from Covergirl Natureluxe glossbalms but you might have a long wait for any reviews of lipsticks. I have been trying out the Tarte blush in Dollface I picked up from the Sephora F&F sale almost daily and I love it, so a review should be coming in a month or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment