Saturday, November 5, 2011

Sephora Friends and Family Sale HAUL

This wasn't a huge haul but Sephora is kind of expensive and I wasn't really lusting after anything in particular so I just picked up a few items. Early into the sale I thought I'd get an Urban Decay Naked Palette but after swatching it at the store, I decided it wasn't for me. Then I thought I might get a full size bottle of the two perfumes I've been loving, Chloe by Chloe and Dior J'adore but I don't think I'm ready to make that commitment and my collection of samples is pretty well-stocked at this point. So what did I get?

Urban Decay Primer Potion Professional Size
I still have my regular sized UB primer potion in the squeeze tube, my mini version of UB Eden primer potion in liquid form in the bottle, and ELF primer in liquid form but considering the wait until the next Sephora F&F sale and the fact that eye makeup has recently become my focal point of choice, I thought I'd better stock up. I don't know if you need a review of this as it seems like everyone on the internet has already raved about it, but if you'd like a comparison of the primers I've mentioned, leave a comment.

 Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in Dollface




The packaging, pattern pressed into the blush, and the color are very simple, pretty, and girly without being childish or cloyingly adorable. I would have never gone for this blush at the regular price because I already have a decent collection of blush that works fine as I mostly just use a subtle coral or light pink depending on the season. I also wouldn't have picked out this color but going to the store and swatching them all, to my surprise, this is the one that worked the best. It looks very natural on me which is both a good thing and a bad thing. I kind of wish it had more of an immediate impact like my Stila self-adjusting blush in Coral instead of being something I need to build up. My dry skin makes repeatedly buffing in blush a problem. My skin will start to flake off if I do it too much. Anyway, I love the color and I like the consistency though right now I think I prefer the formula of my Stila blush which seems a bit smoother and more pigmented. I will report back with a review once I've tried it for a while.

Givenchy Rouge Interdit Satin Lipstick in 02 Beige Champagne

The packaging is super chic and stylized though I'm not really sure what the point of the loop on the end is. I've been looking for a good nude lipstick but all the ones in the drugstore I've tried have ended up looking frosty and shimmery. This one isn't a nude so much as it matches my natural lip color when I've bitten my lips a little. The formula feels thick and moisturizing but I really haven't tested it out. I should note that when I tried it in the store, the name and the packaging were different. It was still Givenchy but the name was 02 Enchanting Beige and the packaging was much simpler and more natural like some of the Covergirl and Almay products. I don't know if that color has been discontinued but I thought I'd let you know anyway.





Here is the color on my lips though as a warning, photographs of makeup on my face are not entirely color-accurate.

Lips without any color/primer/moisturizer

Lips in Natural Light with Givenchy Beige Champagne

YSL Rouge Pur Couture 06 OHAA Rouge Bergamasque


This color is more of a true nude. The packaging is again, very pretty. I should note that the name does not actually appear on the lipstick and it's important to remember which brand of YSL lipstick you're looking for. The woman who helped me at Sephora did not write it down and I had a heck of a time trying to figure out if I was ordering the right one. Anyway, again I have no thoughts on how well this lipstick performs but I will be testing it out and a review should come along in a few months.
Lips without color/moisturizer/primer
Lips with YSL Rouge Pur Couture 06 Rouge Bergamasque

I hope you enjoyed seeing the few items that I bought. I know I'm enjoying checking out what everyone else used their discounts to purchase. If you purchased something in the Sephora F&F sale and did a similar post let me know in the comments so I can check it out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment