Sunday, April 1, 2012

REVIEW of Revlon nail polish in 410 Dreamer with Bumblebee Nail Art

If you follow this blog, you may know that forever and a day ago (December) http://smartandsarcasticwithdashesofinsanity.blogspot.com/2011/12/drugstore-haul-plus-butter-london.html I picked up this (at the time) new Revlon nail polish. It looked like a light sky blue in the bottle, so I wanted to save it for spring. Now that I have it on my nail, it turns out that it dries a little darker than the color in the bottle, leaving me with a dusty cornflower blue that almost seems to have some purple in it in certain lighting. Application was atrocious. I really dislike all the Revlon nail polishes I've tried, and Dreamer was no exception. The formula was so thick it was hard to get even coats but it was thin enough to need three coats to get it opaque. I had to do four coats to even out the streaks. The color seems a little dry on my hands, making them look dark and making my skin look dull. And this was a nightmare to photograph. I have some non-color accurate pics so you can get an idea of how the polish looks, but only a few photos that are anywhere near the actual color. (I will let you know which ones)

I did manage to save the look with some bumblebee nail art. I watched the youtube tutorials from cutepolish and bubzbeauty to get an idea of how I wanted it to look. The bee is based on the cutepolish version and the flight trail is based on bubzbeauty. My suggestions are to not worry about getting the bee perfect because it makes it look more adorable and childlike. I did all of my design wiht a toothpick. The trail looks better if you keep the dots about a dot length apart instead of grouping them together like I did on the nail of my index finger.

Color Accurate
Semi-Color Accurate (should be darker)
Not color accurate (but you can see how thick the polish applied)


NAIL ART

 Semi Color Accurate (should be a little darker)




No comments:

Post a Comment