Friday, July 19, 2013

Missha Haul

Hello chickadees,

Today I decided to do a quick post sharing my recent haul of Missha products. Missha is sold at some smaller Asian beauty stores in NYC but I haven't tried anything from the brand before now (except for a gel exfoliator which I will review at a later date) because I usually stick to drugstore products or Sephora products that get a lot of buzz. But you know I can't resist a great sale.

I placed my order on July 3 and received my order on July 18. Apparently one of the items I had ordered was out of stock which somehow caused a tremendous delay in the shipping of my order. Missha packages things old school with packing peanuts but I have to say I love the design of their products. Let's take a look.

I can never resist the promise of a good concealer. This one had some good reviews so I decided to just take a risk and try it out. 
The packaging is very pretty...
...though a bit wasteful given how much of the container actually contains product.
I swatched the product. It seems very creamy though it might be a little light for my complexion. We'll see how it works out. I'm not quite sure why the product is tilted to the side like this. 
Longtime readers will know that next to concealer, mascara is the other product I struggle with. Generally I have the best luck with L'Oreal but I couldn't resist the chance to try one of these vibrating mascara wands when one of my number one complaints is how so many mascaras uncurl my lashes once I apply them.
I did a brief test. The mascara wand has two settings and it does vibrate. I'm a bit wary of putting this near my eye so I'll probably finish off my current mascara before testing this one out. You can also remove the cap and presumably switch out the battery. If this works well I might wash off the brush and keep it as a makeup tool and buy replacement batteries to power the wand. But I'm getting ahead of myself.
It comes with a simple wand with plastic bristles.

Honestly, I added this concealer to my order because it was cheap. It has a much thinner formula than the other concealer and almost feels like a liquid. 
I decided to purchase this eye makeup remover stick on a whim as sometimes in my mascara and eyeliner testing experiments I end up with dark smudges under my eyes. Hopefully this will help me fix those issues while I'm on the go.
The makeup remover comes with Q-tips. 
There is one makeup remover stick and a replacement head.
And finally I picked up a lip balm. I can never resist lip products. I also purchased another color but that was the product that was out of stock. 
I briefly tested it out and so far it doesn't seem very pigmented though it did seem pretty moisturizing. But of course that was only a quick swatch. I sometimes test lip products for months before reporting back to you.

Well, I hope you enjoyed seeing all the products I bought in my little Missha haul. Have you tried any of these products? Is there something you'd like me to rush to review? Let me know in the comments below. 

Cat is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. If you would like to help support this site, please consider making your next purchase at amazon.com through the links on my page.

No comments:

Post a Comment