Monday, July 1, 2013

Blue Nail Polish Comparison: Essie Butler Please, Essie Mesmerize, Zoya Natty, Essie Bobbing For Baubles, China Glaze Man Hunt

Hi chickadees,

I know you love it when I do nail polish comparisons and a friend of mine recently told me she was thinking about doing some TARDIS nail art so I rounded up the darker blue creme polishes in my collection to compare them for you. This experience taught me that blue polishes can be a pain in the arse to photograph and that for some reason putting one blue next to another can make it look very different. I've reviewed Essie Bobbing for Baubles and Zoya Natty on this site before and they never seemed this dark.

Anyway, as a reference... (I used 3 coats of each polish.)
Thumb: Essie Butler Please
Pointer: Essie Mesmerize
Middle: Zoya Natty
Ring: Essie Bobbing for Baubles
Pinky: China Glaze Man Hunt

This in an indoor lighting shot taken with my new camera. It's the most color accurate of all the photos. The only nail that isn't color accurate is my thumb because the bright blue of Essie Butler Please made my camera a little crazy.
This is what Essie Butler Please actually looks like.

This photo shows how dark Zoya Natty and Essie Bobbing for Baubles look indoors.

Outdoor lighting. This photo is a bit too light. 
 Outdoor lighting. This photo is a bit too light.
Essie Butler Please and Essie Mesmerize are nowhere near color accurate in this photo.
Essie Butler Please and Essie Mesmerize are nowhere near color accurate in this photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment