Wednesday, July 3, 2013

REVIEW Essie Maximillian Strasse-Her With SWATCHES

Hello peanuts,

It has taken me forever to review this polish because I took so many swatches that I then had to comb through for color accuracy. Why? Because Essie's Maximillian Strasse-Her is a very odd polish. A large part of why I bought this polish was due to its popularity when I pinned it to my Pinterest board of Nail Polish Swatches. I think perhaps that's part of the reason why I'm not crazy about it. It wasn't one of those polishes I obsessed about for a long time before I purchased it.

Color: Where do I even begin? Essie Maximillian Strasse-Her is a light green creme polish. No. It's a gray creme polish. No. It's sort of both. And, no I don't mean that it's a duochrome. I don't really find the color appealing. I prefer Essie Sew Psyched or Essie Da Bush or just a gray creme polish. The particular mix of greenish gray that is Essie Maximillian Strasse-Her just doesn't seem very pretty or odd enough to visually interesting.
Formula: The formula was a little thick.
Application: The first coat was very smooth but I found the polish to be a little thick and streaky on the second coat. The brush also dragged a little but that was only an issue on my thumb. If you use thicker coats, you should be able to get away with two coats of polish. If you use thinner coats, you will need three coats to reach full opacity. I used a slightly thinner first coat on my pinky so I ended up needing three coats on that nail. I'm not sure if it made a difference in application but it was very hot on the day I was painting my nails. When I did my right hand (painting my nondominant clumsy hand) I also used two coats but I found the streakiness much more apparent and I could definitely see the bald patches when I held my nails up to the light. It was a little cooler that day and the polish still seemed rather thick.

CONCLUSION: Personally, I don't feel like this is a polish I need in my collection and I had some trouble with the formula. However, if you like the color, the formula is manageable if not enjoyable to work with.

SWATCHES













No comments:

Post a Comment