Thursday, July 11, 2013

Random Shopping Pictures From Germany

Hi chickadees,

I didn't have a lot of time for shopping in Germany as I was with a tour and most of my free time was spent looking for places to eat or sightseeing. However, I did manage to squeeze in a little bit of shopping time which I've captured in the following photos.

I entered KaDeWe to browse through their shoe department. The only shoes I'd brought with me were my sandals and all those cobblestone streets were creating a safety hazard. I tried on a pair of cute shoes at repetto, and while I loved a lot of the styles, if you know anything about me, you know I have issues with flats and closed-toe shoes. 
Repetto

I've seen flats where the zipper wraps around the entire shoe but I think this is much cuter (and it seems like it would be a lot less painful).
I stopped into Mulberry, where they unfortunately did not have the Bayswater and Alexa colors that I had been eyeing online (and also because of the tax, the prices were even higher than NYC prices which is just mind boggling.) My mom then pulled me into Dior and Chanel. 
Please tell me no one wears this to prom. Please.
This is one of the more interesting pieces I found. It doesn't look all that remarkable here but I think it's a mixture of leather and calfskin or something like that. 
Oddly enough, I was more inspired by the home decor section than the clothing section. I didn't have time to take a lot of pictures but there were so many colors and patterns!
Now, is it just me or does all of this H&M jewelry look familiar? It's not my style so it's not as easy for me to place it. It's somewhere in the noir jewelry, Lulu Frost, Tom Binns, Dannijo, etc. family. I spent quite a bit of time in H&M as everyone else had also realized it was one of the only reasonably affordable shops around and there were huge crowds in the racks and huge lines for the dressing rooms. The styles were unremarkable though a little different from H&M in the US.
And lastly, makeup. I wasn't able to find any drugstores during my trip though I did stop in places with makeup counters a few times. However, it was always the big names (Chanel, Dior, Guerlain, Shiseido) so I didn't bother taking pictures. These photos are all from the airport. I'm not sure if they're new products or if the packaging is just different from the packaging in the US because I haven't been in a US drugstore in a few months and they're always coming out with new products and displays.

No comments:

Post a Comment