Friday, July 19, 2013

REVIEW of OPI Can't Find My Czechbook

Hello chickadees,
I... I've got nothing. I can't think of anything cute or clever to introduce my review of OPI Can't Find My Czechbook. Heck, I don't even know if you like my attempts at humor. Hardly anyone leaves comments. Yes, I'm in a mood. Here we go...

Color: OPI Can't Find My Czechbook is an aqua creme polish. Isn't the name just precious? It may be 60% of the reason I bought this polish. I know I have a problem. Don't judge me. Anyway, I've been reviewing a lot of polishes in the blue/green color family lately which makes it a bit more difficult to describe them in a way that differentiates them from one another. To me, OPI Can't Find My Czechbook is aqua. It's clearly blue, but it has a bit of green in it. It leans more blue outdoors, and more green indoors, especially as the day goes on and the amount of natural light decreases. The color is saturated but somewhat muted and this polish tends to photograph brighter than it really is so be wary of taking the swatches you see online at face value.
Formula: The formula is liquid-y and thin. It's the kind of creme polish formula that I expect from OPI.
Application: The application of the first coat was smooth but sheer. The second coat didn't apply as smoothly or evenly. You could see where the brushstrokes overlapped. At this point it became a question of balance. You kind of have to estimate how much polish you need so there's enough polish that the brush won't drag into the last coat of polish and create streaks and not too much polish so the liquid-y formula will flood into your cuticles and create too thick of a layer. I won't say it wasn't tricky. It wasn't terrible or unmanageable but it was not my favorite formula to work with. At three coats, the polish looked fine but a light test (holding your nails up to the light) and close scrutiny revealed the uneven coverage. I wasn't too bothered so I just left it at three coats.

CONCLUSION: I would probably recommend this polish. It's not the most unique color but it's rather pretty and it would be flattering for a lot of skin tones. The formula can be a little difficult to work with but it isn't impossible. However, if you don't want the trouble, I would suggest looking for a dupe with a better formula.
 
SWATCHES


I had to trick my camera with other blues to get this polish to photograph a little more color accurately. First, I tried a pair of scissors.



Then I tried other bottles of polish because holding this polish up to its bottle didn't help in the slightest. 


These outdoor shots are probably the least color accurate but I wanted to include them so you see how this polish photographs outdoors.


No comments:

Post a Comment