Tuesday, July 2, 2013

REVIEW of Essie Avenue Maintain With SWATCHES

Hello chickadees!


Today I decided to review the other polish I wore during my trip, Essie Avenue Maintain. Silly me, I brought all my manicure supplies except my Seche Vite so I spent the first few days of the trip looking for a store until I finally settled on a bottle of Art Deco 913 Speed Dry Top Coat. Thank goodness it worked better than all the non Seche Vite brands I've tried in the US (Sally Hansen, Revlon, Rimmel, etc.). I may eventually review this top coat (which I've used three times so far on a manicure and pedicure for myself and a pedicure for my mom) but I just wanted to let you know I used it for this manicure in case there's a noticeable difference in the way the polish looks (but there shouldn't be).

Color: Essie Avenue Maintain is a medium blue creme polish. I like to think of it as a cornflower blue but it might be a shade or two darker depending on your definition of cornflower blue. Like any blue polish, it provides a pop of color but it's not as bright as a neon or a royal blue while not being as safe as a pastel. I think it's a good color for someone who wants to take a risk with color without calling too much attention to their nails. It adapts to the outfit you pair it with. It's a very difficult blue to photograph so I suggest you look at a lot of swatches online. It tends to photograph lighter than it really is.
Formula: The formula is smooth but on the thicker side for an Essie polish.
Application: I used two coats because I was on vacation and in hotel rooms and feeling lazy. In two coats there was a little patchiness but nothing that bothered me and I'm sure three coats would have been perfect. Application was pretty smooth. It wasn't as good as some of my perfect Essie formulas but I had no major complaints.

CONCLUSION: Yes, if you like the color, I would recommend this polish.
SWATCHES







No comments:

Post a Comment