Thursday, July 18, 2013

REVIEW of Essie Where's My Chaffeur With SWATCHES

Hello my lovely social butterflies,
Today I have a polish that certainly sounds like it belongs in your collection: Where's My Chaffeur from Essie's Winter 2012 collection. However, I don't think this polish will meet the standards of any high maintenance types. Why? Well, I am a glad you asked, imaginary voice of the audience.

Color: Essie's Where's My Chaffeur is a turquoise green creme polish. It's in the blue green family of colors but it definitely leans more towards the green side of the spectrum. That was a little disappointing for me as this polish appears quite blue in a lot of swatches online.
Formula: The formula is smooth and has a liquid-like, thinner consistency.
Application: The first coat was smooth. On the second coat the brush was a little streaky and dragged through the polish. On the third coat, I still found that the brush was dragging through the polish so I would recommend using thicker coats just to avoid this. At three coats, this polish still failed the light test because of the uneven application but I was not about to add a fourth coat. I added 2 coats of Seche Vite in an attempt to smooth out the polish. My Seche Vite is already starting to thicken up so any bubbles in the swatches are from the Seche Vite.

CONCLUSION: I am very disappointed with the formula of Essie's Where's My Chaffeur. There are some polishes that make it look like you can't do your nails. This is one of those polishes. I would have also preferred a color that was a little more blue than green. It should be easy to find a dupe or a very similar polish so no, I would not recommend Essie Where's My Chaffeur.
Cat is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. If you would like to help support this site, please consider making your next purchase at amazon.com through the links on my page.
SWATCHES
These are mostly indoor photos as I found they were more color accurate and it was too humid to take photos outside. You'll see why at the end of the post.


I am holding a YSL polish in this picture to bring out the green in the polish a little more.
I am holding Essie's Where's My Chaffeur in this photo.

This is why I didn't take more pictures outside. Firstly, it's not very color accurate. 
And secondly, it was so humid that my camera lens fogged up.

No comments:

Post a Comment