Saturday, May 19, 2012

REVIEW of Zoya's Skylar with SWATCHES


 
I'm going to keep this review short as I don't have much to say about this nail polish other than that I liked it.
Color: This is a nice medium blue shade with quite a bit of shimmer. I think this color is great for girls with pale skin but might not look as good on darker skin tones. I love the way it looks in direct sunlight (which is how I took these swatches) but in dimmer lighting where my skin takes on more of a yellow tone the polish looks darker and less flattering. Also, it all types of lighting the shimmer kind of makes my nails look a bit greasy. I didn't mind it but it might not be the effect everyone wants or expects from this polish in the bottle.

Application: The polish applied pretty sheer until the third coat but it gave me no trouble at all. I'm definitely revising my opinion on Zoya polishes with the polishes from this latest order. Hopefully I have the same luck with the rest of them.

SWATCHES (Note: I used Orly's Rage as an accent nail. You can see the contrast between the glittery foil of Rage and the shimmery greasiness of Skylar.)














No comments:

Post a Comment