Sunday, January 20, 2013

REVIEW of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat

Hello chickadees,
I am sorry for all of you out there who love this top coat and claim that it's better than Seche Vite, but it's not. #truth #facts I have been on the search for a Seche Vite replacement for a long time as it's quite expensive at NYC drugstores (I usually get my bottles from Harmon's in the suburbs). Also, while I know Seche Vite is not as dangerous as people claim (see my post on Seche Vite's response to my customer service inquiry) http://smartandsarcasticwithdashesofinsanity.blogspot.com/2012/11/seche-vite-on-seche-vite.html 
I also know that it isn't great to apply these kinds of chemicals to my nails at the frequency I do considering how often I change my nail polish color. So of course when everyone was saying that Sally Hansen Insta-Dri was a great replacement for the shine and quick-drying of Seche Vite, I threw it into my drugstore.com order to try it out. And... well...? I hate it. I hate it so much. I hate it with a passion.

First thing? It's not quick drying. I had to wait more than a few minutes for it to dry. That is a far cry from the 30 second claim on the back of the bottle.

Secondly? It's full of bubbles. FULL of bubbles. And very thick and gloopy and difficult to work with. I can't even continue to test it because it'll ruin every polish I apply it over. This is inexcusable for a top coat, which should make your nail polish look better, not worse.

Oh, and if you think that the lack of toluene or other ingredients is going to make this smell any better than Seche Vite, it doesn't. This smells just as terrible. Maybe a little bit worse.

Conclusion: Obviously, I don't recommend this product.

This is how much I used by the time I reviewed this product. I may try and find other uses for it in art projects and whatnot. Maybe if I'm in a relaxed mood I'll give it another chance, but it's doubtful.

No comments:

Post a Comment