Friday, January 25, 2013

REVIEW of Zoya Lael With SWATCHES

Hello chickadees!
Are you sick of purple nail polishes yet? I'm a little sick of them. What can I say? I'm mad for a color and then when I'm over it I realize I still have three bottles of that same color to test. Yes, I have a problem. But diagnosing my nail polish addiction is not the purpose of this post. What is the purpose? Reviewing Zoya's Lael polish.

Color: Zoya Lael is a reddish purple creme polish. It's possible I would have liked this color more if I didn't already feel like I had dupes or polishes similar enough that I didn't really need this one. I was expecting it to have more red and be a little more vibrant but instead it reminded me of something like Essie's Carry On. In dim indoor lighting it can look very dark. Sometimes I can still tell it's purple but sometimes it looks black.
Formula: The formula was not great. It was a bit thick and as I was painting I noticed tiny, short threads forming. That is, as I pulled the brush out of the bottle, threads of polish clung to the brush. Now, with a terrible polish, long threads will form and those polishes are impossible to work with without making a mess of things. Because the threads were short and thin they didn't cause too much of a problem but I can see it getting worse over time.
Application: Application was very smooth in spite of the bad formula. I could probably have gotten away with 2 coats but I personally felt like I needed 3 so get a more perfected look. Also, though application was smooth, I did notice some bubbling.

CONCLUSION: I would not recommend this polish based on the formula or the color. I think it's too similar to other purple polishes with better formulas.

SWATCHES



No comments:

Post a Comment