Tuesday, January 22, 2013

REVIEW of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Nail Color in 310 Gunmetal

Hi chickadees,

There aren't a lot of polishes that I can only stand to wear for a day. This was one of them.

Color: I know this will come as quite a shock... but Gunmetal is a gunmetal gray polish. I would classify it as somewhere between a frost, shimmer, and a metallic polish. It kind of has the look of liquid metal with tiny flecks of shimmer. Indoors, it is a very dark gray, as in the pictures. Outdoors, it is a lighter gray but that would not photograph correctly. I added the pictures anyway just to show you how the polish inexplicably photographs blue. There is really no blue in this polish.
Formula: The formula was very thick and gloopy. And I got tons of bubbles.
Application: Application was a pain. You could see the overlapping brushstrokes (though this was not as apparent after top coat it was noticeable enough to annoy people who hate that look). It was very difficult to paint even coats and I experienced a lot of bubbling. I also found it hard to wrap the tips of my nails because the polish was so thick. I should note that the smell was particularly strong and terrible. The one positive thing I can say is that it only took me 2 coats to get this polish opaque.

CONCLUSION: No, I would not recommend this polish. The color is nice enough but it has so many formula and application problems. I know it's cheap, but I'm sure there's a dupe out there.

SWATCHES






I do not know why this polish photographed so blue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment