Sunday, February 17, 2013

REVIEW of OPI French Quarter For Your Thoughts

Hello my little honey bunches of oats, (still trying out the new endearments)


I don't know why I keep buying gray and nude nail polishes when I'm far more into color but I guess I keep thinking that one day I'll find that perfect polish and I can stop my search and just stock up on that color. Anyway, after the disaster that was China Glaze Elephant Walk, I was feeling a bit discouraged but in the gloominess of February I really couldn't see myself pulling out a bright coral to cheer myself up. So instead, I took out the bottle of O.P.I. French Quarter For Your Thoughts that I picked up during my drugstore.com haul however long ago. As a quick aside, I think that's a really adorable name. It comes just short of making complete sense combining "french quarter" with "a penny for your thoughts" but somehow the inconsistency makes it work. Enough rambling. Shall we get into the review?

Color: I hesitate to call OPI French Quarter For Your Thoughts a light gray creme polish because I'm afraid the word "quarter" in the name might give you the wrong impression. The gray of this polish is somewhat muddied so that in dim lighting at times it almost seems like a light beige latte kind of color. It's a very warm gray. The swatches are pretty color accurate so I'll stop trying to describe the color and let you just take a look at them at the end of the review.
Formula: Like other OPI polishes, this polish has a thinner consistency which I find easier to work with. It was almost opaque in two coats but I still needed three to get full opacity.
Application: Application was very smooth but this is not the kind of polish that you can really work with to cover the nail. That is, I wouldn't go over the same spot with the brush as the brush is a little streaky and it could drag ridges into the coat you just painted. I noticed some overlapping brushstrokes at the base of my nails but it didn't really bother me too much.
Wear: I wore this polish for four days. During that time I had a little bit of tip wear but the main reason I removed the polish was because my nails were growing out and there was a noticeable gap at the nail bed.

CONCLUSION: I would recommend this polish. It's a nice, neutral, flattering warm gray and though the brush leaves something to be desired I think you should be able to work with this polish just fine. It is one of the better polishes in this color family that I've tried.

 SWATCHES (Note: If there are any bubbles, they are from my Seche Vite.)









No comments:

Post a Comment