Friday, April 20, 2012

REVIEW of CVS purifying mint masque


Perhaps these kinds of facial treatments are just not for me. Sometimes it doesn't always work when you try and recreate the spa experience at home. This is just another entry in the long list of rejected products that did not end up clearing my pores. It has a thin, liquid paste consistency, almost like a gel/cream moisturizer. It is described as a relaxing facial treatment, but I found it to be far from relaxing. The first time I tried it, I washed it off almost immediately when I started to feel a burning sensation. I tried some on my arm without any burning sensation to verify that I wasn't having an allergic reaction to the product. Once that was settled I tried applying it again a few days later. I continued to feel that same burning sensation but it calmed down as the masque started to dry. I only applied the product to my nose because I wasn't sure if it would dry out my face and my nose is where I have the biggest problem with oil and clogged pores. I kept it on for the instructed time period and then washed it off to find...no noticeable difference, with a lot of blackheads and whiteheads. To highlight how useless this product had been, I performed extractions using only light pressure to remove many of the whiteheads.

I have heard a lot of good things about the Queen Helene masque which this is supposed to dupe, but I'm not sure if I want to bother trying a similar product when this was unsuccessful. What do you think? Will I have better results with Queen Helene? Let me know in the comments. :)



Consistency

Spread out

How it looks as it starts to dry

No comments:

Post a Comment