Thursday, April 5, 2012

REVIEW of Essie's Navigate Her with SWATCHES


This will be a short review as I don't have much to say about this polish. I didn't love it or hate it. This polish comes in a very pretty light green color which is what attracted me to it in the first place. I was ready to place my trust in green Essie polishes after the joy of Sew Psyched. While I wasn't miserable with the choice of Navigate Her, I wasn't thrilled either. I've read it described as pistachio green or pea green. To me, it's the color of a more artificial kind of pistachio gelato if that makes sense to anyone who isn't as obsessed with pistachio gelato as I am. It's a sort of muted green so it is wearable but there is something about that artificiality that threw me off. I suppose I wanted the shade to be a touch different, a little more sophisticated and serene. There may have been too much yellow. I'm not sure. I'm not a polish mixing expert. As far as the formula went, it was not my favorite Essie formula. It was a touch thick and a bit more difficult to work with than usual. If you are in love with this color, I think this is a nice alternative to the light greens from Deborah Lippmann and Dior that have recently come out. However, personally, based on the formula and the color, I would not recommend it.

SWATCHES (more after the break)
Sorry about the lint. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment