Friday, April 20, 2012

REVIEW of Essie's Who Is The Boss with SWATCHES


This pretty light blue polish is from Essie's 2012 Wedding collection. I initially picked up "Who Is The Boss" from Ricky's after debating between it and Essie's Mint Candy Apple. I chose it because it seemed a little more demure and sophisticated and because I liked the hint of green to the color. In the bottle it almost looked more green than blue. I guess, I would say I'm pretty happy with the color and OK with the formula. It was kind of hard to work with, not watery or thick but difficult to paint on evenly. It took three coats to get it to stop being patchy and for the third coat, I had to paint pretty thickly and it still looks thick and a little bumpy and uneven on my nails. And yes, those specks you see in the photos are popped bubbles. I did not have fun applying this polish. Even now, I'm debating whether or not I want to go through the trouble of painting the nails on my right hand.

I think it's a cute idea to have a demure blue polish in a wedding collection. Something borrowed, something blue and all that. Although this polish was more blue than what I had expected, I do like the color and it's flattering for my skin tone. but I don't think the formula is something you want to deal with around your wedding day.

Conclusion: I like the color and hate the formula so I can't recommend this polish.

SWATCHES (after the page break)







I thought I was going to be getting this shade but a little darker. Instead, it looks like light blue outside and dusty light blue indoors. I can only see the green in yellow lighting.


No comments:

Post a Comment