Thursday, April 26, 2012

Target Beauty Bag

Hi darlings!

Well, I had a long, horrible day full of coughing and headaches (literally, I had a whole day on and off headache). But I had a lovely surprise waiting for me when I got home...My Target Beauty Bag!
Simple but cute. I associate these kinds of bright stripes with summer and as much as I hate the phrase "on trend" this orange/tangerine/coral is certainly "on trend" for the season.

It just arrived in the mail today. I can't remember when I ordered it, but I got the tip from one of my favorite blogs which you NEED to be following if you're a drugstore makeup girl, Nouveau Cheap. I also got the last bag, which is where I keep all my tubes and pencils (eyeliner, mascara, primer, etc. in my makeup kit) though I wasn't too fond of any of the actual items in the bag last time aside from the face wipes. Well, as this only came in the mail today, I can't really comment on what I think of everything, but maybe you'll enjoy seeing the contents, either to get psyched up for the next beauty bag or to compare to what you got.

I will say that I really like the way the bag was put together this time. Aside from the sample of L'Oreal's Magic Lumi Primer, which I already own and love (though usually I don't use it as a highlighter because it can be a bit too much with my regular foundation. I might start using it more if I stop using foundation so heavily in the summer), the samples all came in their own little containers, sort of like the mini versions of products you can pick up at CVS and other drugstores.


I'm most excited to try the Simple face wipes because they've been advertising Simple products on TV and in magazines and I haven't really heard anything about how the products perform.
This package contains 7 wipes which is a pretty great sample considering the regular sale size is 25 wipes and you don't really need too many of these to figure out if they work. Also, I'm assuming these are wet wipes and not like the Olay ones which you activate with water so I'm happy there aren't too many so they won't dry out before I can finish using them.
Also in the bag are the standard Target coupon book, a Nivea lotion, the sample of L'Oreal's Magic Lumi primer, and a Neutrogena cleanser.
Daily Lotion 1 fluid oz. Definitely could be something worth trying for my dry skin.

My skin is in a really good place right now but I'm willing to give this a try anyway.

I'm pretty loyal to Garnier, but I do have fine, thin hair so if this can actually give my hair some volume, it might convert me. Currently, if I want volume I'll use my Lush Shampoo Bar (review coming soon!)

Did you also get your beauty bags? Were any of your products different? Are you excited to try them out or are you disappointed with the results this time around? I'm much happier with these mini sample sizes than the packets we got last time because I can at least give these to a friend if I decide I don't want to use them.

Update: I'm currently extremely aggravated with the Essie 2012 Wedding collection (review coming soon!) so I think I'm going to cave and get my nails painted a nice neutral color tomorrow so I can concentrate on essay writing and test takiing without staring at the horrible mess of my nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment