Friday, April 20, 2012

SWATCHES of OPI's You Callin' Me a Lyre?

Hi,

Quick post because I got my nails done at the salon so I can't review this polish. This is 3 coats of O.P.I.'s "You Callin' Me a Lyre?" from the O.P.I. NYC Ballet Soft Shades collection. I did not think much of this collection until I saw swatches on Scrangie and ever since I've been hunting for them. They're only going to be sold in salons, beauty supply stores, (and on amazon, ebay, etc. obviously) so I'm trying to find the cheapest way to get all the colors I want. I definitely want 2 bottles of this and 1 bottle of Piroutte My Whistle. I'm unsure about the rest of them. I might have to go back to the salon and test them out first.

My impression from the way she did my nails at the salon was that the formula was decent. It glided on well. It seemed a teensy bit patchy and too sheer after the second coat so I asked her to do a third. On the third coat it's more translucent than sheer and you can see more of the pink. It looks like lingerie for the nails. I love it. I did notice some bubbles but that may have been the way she applied it. Again, this is why I can't review polishes I haven't applied myself.
SWATCHES!
(I also included some photos at the end so you can see the polish compared to a bare nail.)





The second nail from the left is completely bare. No polish, top coat, base coat, etc.

The second nail from the left is completely bare. No polish, top coat, base coat, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment