Friday, December 21, 2012

REVIEW of OPI Barre My Soul With SWATCHES

Hello chickadees!

Longtime readers of this blog will know that I'm not the biggest fan of nude or pale nail polish colors. That is, except for when I have to take an exam and I can't afford to get distracted by bright colors or a blinding scattering of glitter. During a recent drugstore.com sale I picked up OPI's Barre My Soul which I've been wanting to try ever since I first tried OPI's You Callin' Me a Lyre at a salon but I always chose You Callin' Me a Lyre over Barre My Soul. Well, I finally cheated on You Callin' Me a Lyre and I'm glad I did.

Color: Barre My Soul is a semi-sheer nude polish. I would call it a very light beige, almost like the kind of color you would find in a selection of foundations or concealers. My swatches show it with a strong pink undertone but I would say it's definitely more of a light beige/sand color in person.
Formula: The formula is nice. It's on the thinner side as you might expect a sheer nude polish to be but it's not watery or unmanageable.
Application: The polish went on very smoothly without any dragging but I did experience some streaking and balding. Like other OPI polishes, this polish had a wide brush but I didn't think it had a negative effect on application. The polish was semi-opaque in 2 coats but I wanted to use 3 to get a little bit more coverage.
 
SWATCHES




No comments:

Post a Comment