Monday, December 3, 2012

Music Monday: Nat King Cole

Hello darlings,

Someone read my last post! I'm so happy. For this Music Monday, I decided to focus on one of my favorite male singers (and there aren't a lot of them) Nat King Cole. Honestly, he's ruined me for almost anyone else. His voice has so much depth and richness and warmth. It's textured. It's weighty. It's a man's voice. I'm not going to call out anyone in particular but I'm sure we can both think plenty of examples of weak singers who rely on falsetto and those who make a pathetic attempt at singing standards.

There are so many of his renditions of songs that I love...
It Happens to Be Me, Make Her Mine, Forgive My Heart, What'll I Do?, Smile, Nature Boy, It's Only a Paper Moon, A Blossom Fell, When I Fall In Love, Angel Smile, Unforgettable, Can I Come In For A Second?, Impossible, Mona Lisa, You Stepped Out of a Dream, That's All, This Can't Be Love, The Very Thought of You, But Beautiful, The More I See You, On The Street Where You Live, Making Believe You're Here

I managed to narrow it down to just a few. Try. Try not to melt as you listen to them. :) His albums are a master class in song interpretation and creating intimacy with the listener without sacrificing skill. Perfection.






No comments:

Post a Comment