Thursday, December 6, 2012

REVIEW of O.P.I. Cuckoo For This Color With SWATCHES

Hello darlings!

Today's review is of an older polish, O.P.I.'s Cuckoo For This Color which I picked up at Ricky's. It is from the Fall 2010 Swiss Collection. I have been searching for a good dark green nail polish (while I like Sinful Colors Last Chance, it stains like crazy) and while I was in the store, I was debating whether to get O.P.I.'s Live and Let Die from the new Skyfall collection. But then O.P.I.'s Cuckoo For This Color caught my eye. And I'm glad it did. Let's get into the review, shall we?

Color: O.P.I.'s Cuckoo For This Color is a deep, rich forest green polish. It can look more green or bluish-green depending on the lighting. The polish is a jewel-toned dark green base with green shimmer, giving it a lot of depth regardless of what the lighting is like. And yes, the shimmer is very apparent. To me, the color shouts Christmas. It's very festive and personally, I would feel strange wearing it anytime other than December... which was why I felt odd wearing it at the end of November, but oh, well.
Formula: I thought the formula was watery. I didn't have an issue with opacity but it did have that tendency to flow into my cuticles. Clean up was easy though, and the polish was nowhere near unmanageable. I thought the polish looked opaque in 2 coats but it didn't hold up to the light test so I used 3 for full opacity. Those who aren't as obsessive as I am would probably be happy with 2 coats.
Application: Application was very smooth, possibly because of how watery the formula was. I had no problems with streaks or dragging or balding.

CONCLUSION: I would definitely recommend this polish if you like the color. The shimmer gives it a lot of depth and I'm just nitpicking about the formula.
 
 SWATCHES







No comments:

Post a Comment