Monday, December 24, 2012

REVIEW of Zoya Storm With SWATCHES

Hello chickadees!

So here's the thing... I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about Zoya Storm. And how do you write a review about a polish when you don't know how you feel about it? I guess I'll just describe my experience with it as best as I can and let you muddle through the mess to find something meaningful.

Color: Zoya Storm is a black creme polish with flecks of microglitter. In direct sunlight, the microglitter can look either white or gold. Indoors, when it catches the light, Storm looks like it has multicolored microglitter suspended in a black base. I'm not sure which is the true color. Personally, I kind of hate the look of it when the microglitter looks white because it dulls the black polish so I just feel like I'm wearing black polish but it's not as deep or shiny of a black as I would want. When it looks like gold glitter, it's alright, but nothing all that special. It's when the glitter catches the light and picks up a rainbow of colors that it really looks special. Then it reminds me of those glittery dresses you see during holiday and NYE parties. I would say it would be great for a night out but I don't think the glitter would register in a dark room.
Formula: The formula was nice, not too thin or thick and it applied very smoothly, more like a creme than a glitter.
Application: Application was very smooth. Although it looked opaque in 2 coats, it failed the light test so I did 3.

CONCLUSION: I can recommend this polish based on the formula and application but for me, the color didn't work the majority of the time. If you do like the look of this polish, then I'd add it to your next Zoya haul because the formula is good.

SWATCHES












No comments:

Post a Comment