Wednesday, December 19, 2012

REVIEW of Zoya Monica With SWATCHES

Hello my loves!

So after having such a good experience with Zoya Natty, it was hard not to have high expectations for Zoya Monica. And after trying it, I have to say that I have found another Zoya polish with a great formula and it's called Zoya Monica. But that's not to say it doesn't have other problems.

Color: Zoya Monica is a medium purple creme polish. In dim lighting it can look very dark and almost brown but for the most part, it's a basic purple that will be very flattering on a variety of skintones. Personally, I think it looks very nice with pale skin because of the contrast.
Formula: The formula was a tad on the thin side. It was a bit watery but that didn't affect opacity or application. Though I should warn you that you need to be very careful that there isn't polish collected at the top of the brush because it will run down faster than you can catch it.
Application: Application was very smooth. The polish looked opaque in 2 coats but to pass the light test, I used 3. It was even nice to work with when I was painting with my non-dominant hand which was very impressive.
Wear: Here's the bad news. Tip wear was crazy. I mean, I would wrap the tips of my nails and then get tip wear by the next day. And this happened several days in a row until I finally gave up.

CONCLUSION: I would recommend this polish for the color and easy application but if you're someone who is going to get irritated by tip wear and imperfect manicures, this polish might not be for you.
SWATCHES










No comments:

Post a Comment