Saturday, December 29, 2012

REVIEW of Zoya Pinta With SWATCHES

Hello chickadees!

Zoya Pinta was the polish I painted on my nails immediately before I hopped on a plane for California. And since I didn't pack any nail polish remover, I was forced to keep it on my nails for over a week. So keep that in mind if I'm a little harsher on it than polishes I've been testing for a few days.

Color: Pinta is a rich, dark, blue-toned purple. It was kind of a pain to photograph because it appears so blue on camera but it is definitely purple. In dim lighting, it looks unquestionably black. It is not one of those polishes where you can still tell that it's purple.
Formula: The formula was a little thick and gloopy. It was so bad that as I removed the brush from the bottle, the polish clung to the brush in threads. If you've ever had this happen to you, you know what I mean. So, no, not a perfect formula here.
Application: Application was pretty smooth. I was getting tiny bubbles so I had to go back and redo those nails but there was no dragging and the polish was opaque in 2 coats.
Wear: The polish started to look dingy pretty quickly. After maybe a day or two it lost its shine, which is why I wanted to switch it out for something else. I did only get a little bit of tip wear after more than a week so that was a positive.

CONCLUSION: I think Pinta is a very pretty color but for me, it looks too much like black in dim lighting and I had too many problems with the formula and application and wear to really recommend it. It's not the worst polish I've ever tried but I'd only buy it during a Zoya promotion and I won't be repurchasing it.

SWATCHES








No comments:

Post a Comment