Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Elie Tahari Sample Sale Report November 2013

Hi chickadees,

Quick post today.

Let me ask you a question. Do you like sheath dresses? Because if you like sheath dresses and you think they flatter your figure, then you will probably have some luck at the Elie Tahari sample sale. I won't bother giving you the basics on pricing as Mizhattan has already written a fantastic post covering all the details. I'm going to talk to you as one "normal" woman to another. I have curves. I have gone up a dress size from a four to a six and an eight in Elie Tahari sizing. I did not find anything that really appealed to me at this sale.

If you don't like sheath dresses, yoke dresses, or tunics, I really don't see the point of going to this sale. The clothing is grouped by size though some things are kind of mixed together. Although I didn't spend much time in the smaller sections, I noticed a lot of 2's, some 4's, and a lot of 6's. This was a true sample sale in that larger sizes were underrepresented but I didn't really think much of the quality of the garments. The last Elie Tahari sample sale I covered had some beautiful, affordable clothes. At this sale I was struggling to find things that I liked. The cuts were just so unspired and while some of the patterns were beautiful, the placement wasn't always great and the fabric was a letdown. I don't know if there was anything that wasn't synthetic, which is fine, but not for those prices when you're claiming to be giving people such a great deal.

The sale was pretty busy mid-afternoon. The line for the dressing room wasn't too bad and service at the sale was generally pretty good. I don't know. The merchandise was just a letdown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment