Saturday, November 30, 2013

REVIEW of It's So Big Volumizing Mascara by Elizabeth Mott

Hello cupcakes,

Good Lord, why am I being so nice? Well, forget it. I'm out of patience with the It's So Big Volumizing Mascara by Elizabeth Mott. I received a sample size of the product as one of my September ipsy glam bag items. And I hate it. OK, hate is a strong word. I do not like this product and I have no intention of using it again. There. That's better.

Color: I don't know what color I received but it's a dark black mascara. I have no issue with the color.
Formula: Like most mascaras it has a mousse/cream-like texture but I think it's a bit more wet than other mascaras that I've tried and the mascara isn't as thick.
Wand: The mascara comes with a bristle brush wand that curves inwards at the center like an hourglass.


Volume: I found that this mascara offered a little bit of volume if I layered on multiple coats but even then it wasn't impressive. I actually don't think the mascara adhered to my lashes very well.
Length: I don't think this mascara really added any length to my lashes.
Curling: Here is where this mascara really failed. I am still on the lookout for a good mascara that can hold up my lashes after I've used an eyelash curler. I tried this mascara on four separate occasions during October and November. Every single time, my lashes went from being curled to falling perpendicular with my eyes so they stuck out and hit my glasses. I tried letting this mascara fully dry before putting on my glasses and my lashes still uncurled within a few seconds. I tried only using one coat of mascara and my lashes still uncurled.
Clumping: This mascara didn't really cause my lashes to clump together.
Smudging: I didn't experience any smudging with this mascara.

CONCLUSION: No, I would not recommend this mascara. Even if you have long lashes that already curl I don't think this product will provide enough volume to make it worth the purchase.

SWATCHES


I started to take pictures immediately after applying the mascara but as you can see, my lashes already started uncurling.
no mascara
 It's So Big Volumizing Mascara
It's So Big Volumizing Mascara
It's So Big Volumizing Mascara
no mascara
no mascara
It's So Big Volumizing Mascara
 It's So Big Volumizing Mascara
It's So Big Volumizing Mascara

No comments:

Post a Comment