Saturday, November 23, 2013

Taupe/Mocha Polish Comparison

Hello bunnies,



Today I decided to do a taupe/mocha polish comparison for all of you. I have a lot of comparison posts planned now that I have a healthy (or rather unhealthy) collection of polishes but this color just felt right for late November. I don't know what you would call these colors but I would call them taupe. Somewhere between gray and brown with maybe a touch of purple thrown in there. I didn't have major problems with any of the formulas but I don't think it's really fair to judge a polish based on one nail so I'll leave my thoughts on the formulas to the individual reviews.

To begin with, I'll start with a key of which polishes are painted on each of my nails. I used three coats of each polish.
Thumb: OPI French Quarter For Your Thoughts
Pointer: Essie Chinchilly
Middle: L'Oreal Eiffel For You
Ring: Essie Glamour Purse
Pinky: OPI You Don't Know Jacques

I did choose to add OPI You Don't Know Jacques in with the others so I'd have three "French" polishes but as you can see from the photos it is much darker than the other colors.

Thus, I'll start by discussing the first three polishes as they are the most closely related. While none of the three colors are exact dupes, I certainly don't think you need to own all of them unless you own a salon. L'Oreal Eiffel for You is the lightest of the three shades. It is more of a light brown and has less gray than the other shades. OPI French Quarter For Your Thoughts is the second lightest shade and it is much more gray compared to the other polishes. It isn't a straight gray polish but next to the others, you can see how much gray it contains. Essie Chinchilly is the darkest of the three shades and comes across as more of a true taupe with the mix of brown and gray that almost seems to have purple in it.

Essie Glamour Purse is more of a mocha shade. It is just a brown polish and does not contain any gray. OPI You Don't Know Jacques is the darkest shade and is also a brown polish.

SWATCHES














No comments:

Post a Comment