Saturday, November 23, 2013

November Ipsy Bag

Hello bunnies,
I'm not really sure how I feel about my ipsy subscription right now. On the one hand, I think you definitely get your money's worth for $10 every month. On the other hand, I'm not sure if I like the actual products. The bag itself feels rather cheap this month. The fabric seems cheap and somewhat flimsy. I think it's probably synthetic but it kind of feels like paper or a cheap plastic tote bag. It's a snakeskin textured gold makeup bag and while I'm not too fussy about this kind of thing I still won't be taking this around with me. But as always, I won't complain about extra storage. I'll probably use it to store art supplies.



I suppose the item I was happiest to see was the Be a Bombshell Lip Crayon in Hot Damn. It's not like I need another lip crayon because I already have a few I need to test in addition to the ones I've already reviewed but they are one of my go-to lip products and I'm happy I received red as opposed to any other color. I'll start trying this out once I finish up with my current slate of lip products. They're sitting in a box on my bed like a constant guilt trip. This lip crayon seems to be a bright red with a subtle shimmer but I haven't swatched it on my lips yet (I've learned to make sure I'm not allergic to a lip product before testing a bunch of lip products at the same time).




I was very excited to see the em Lash Gallery Mascara I received until I saw that it was brown. Now, even if I didn't always want the blackest mascara formula in my vain attempt to find a mascara that will make my lashes stand out, I wouldn't want a brown. I have black hair. Oh well. At least I'll get a chance to try the product out. The mascara comes with a bristle brush that is a bit oddly shaped but maybe it'll end up working well for me.




Next let's talk about the Pixi Beauty Bronzer in Subtly Suntouched. I don't really need another bronzer. I'm not fantastic at contouring as I keep it pretty subtle so I'm pretty much fine with my elf blush and bronzer duo. I haven't even really worked with the NYC bronzer I picked up at the drugstore. But I recognize that Pixi is a mid-range brand and it's a nice addition to this month's bag.


Now we come to the product that you assume that I'd put at the top of the list, the Nailtini Lacquer in Caviar Cocktail. Why would a nail polish blogger not be excited about a nail polish? Sigh... It's not like I hate this polish. I'll have to see what the formula is like first. But the color just bores me. Shimmery pewter? It's fine. It's just not something I would have chosen for myself. At the very least it could have been a super opaque silvery polish like Essie No Place Like Chrome that I could use for nail art.

The HSI Professional Argan Oil Leave in Hair Treatment is low on the list because I don't have a lot of luck with new hair products, it's a tiny sample, and I have no idea how to use it. Couldn't they have included some instructions? I'll probably do some snooping around other blogs and figure it out.


Finally, we have the Starlooks Eye Pencil in Amethyst. Again, I don't exactly hate this but I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. It looks like silver at first which I guess I could have worked with but it swatches on my hand as a shimmery, glittery light purple... which completely baffles me. I seriously do not know what I'm going to do with this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment