Sunday, November 17, 2013

REVIEW of Julie G Nail Color in Cabana Boy With SWATCHES

Hello chickadees,


I'm sorry it's taken so long to get this review up. I've been having issues photographing some of the polishes I've been trying lately so I attempted a bit more editing. Nothing fancy. I just used Picasa. Anyway, today I'm reviewing another one of the Julie G polishes I picked up at Rite Aid. I had a pretty bad experience with Holla-Peno so I was definitely hoping that was a fluke and that I'd have better luck with Cabana Boy as it's always nice to discover an expensive drugstore polish brand like Confetti.

Color: Julie G Cabana Boy is a medium blue creme polish. It's closest relatives are Essie Avenue Maintain and Essie Butler Please. Cabana Boy is somewhere in the middle. It's not quite a light as Avenue Maintain or as dark as Butler Please and I hesitate to call it a cornflower blue though it is a bit muted and perhaps has a bit of a purple undertone.
Formula: The formula started out smooth but by the second coat the polish started threading. (The polish started forming strings.)
Application: The first coat applied smoothly though the brush was inclined to form streaks if there wasn't enough polish on the brush. The second coat applied smoothly though the brush was still creating ridges in the polish and the polish was threading. It didn't look awful and thankfully it applied much more smoothly than Julie G Holla Peno but it was still noticeable if you were looking closely. At two coats the polish was opaque though a few spots in between brushstrokes were not filled because of the streakiness and ridges so I went back in and did a third coat on some of my nails.

CONCLUSION: I can't enthusiastically recommend this polish but if you think you have good control with polishes or if you just want to try out a cheaper blue polish before committing to more expensive brands, go ahead and try it out. The formula isn't terrible but it isn't great. If you already have a lot of blue polishes or you'd rather spend a little more for a blue with a perfect formula, I would purchase a blue polish from another brand. The color is perfectly dupe-able.

SWATCHES


I will begin with the regular photos before showing you the ones that I played around with on Picasa.





These are the photos that have been altered. Try and ignore how crazy my skintone looks and focus on the polish.



If you'd like to see more swatches, I like these

No comments:

Post a Comment