Friday, November 14, 2014

Question: Makeup Purge

Hi chickadees!

So I recently got my Sephora VIB 20% off order in the mail and I will be doing a post as soon as I can. Receiving that order, in addition to receiving other orders and just surveying the general chaos of a relatively big makeup collection in a tiny apartment inspired me to reorganize my makeup collection. It was in a shameful state. It's probably still in a bit of a shameful state if I'm being honest. I'm trying not to be a hoarder but it's so difficult to part with a product you haven't hit pan on, especially when it's something that I haven't had a chance to test or swatch or review for you. But I have to face facts that there are some products that it's just too dangerous to test after a certain point and that others (mostly polishes) are not going to come back to life. So I wanted to ask... would you be interested in seeing the products I'm tossing out before I say goodbye to them forever? Call it a makeup graveyard post or a makeup purge but whatever you call it, it needs to be done.

Most of these products are old so I can't for example swatch the lip products on my lips for fear of bacteria but I can try and do things like arm swatches and show you the disgusting state of the products and packaging. Let me know in the comments if you'd be interested in this kind of thing. Also, let me know what your personal cut off points are for tossing out your makeup. A couple of months? A year? Three years? How much shame should I feel?

It's much more difficult for me to part with polish because I always imagine I'll have some use for it but we could always take a trip through my polish collection... maybe in video form as I don't think I could stay sane and also photograph every single polish I own. Again, let me know what you think in the comments and thanks for your input!

-Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment