Saturday, November 22, 2014

Sephora VIB 20% Haul

Hello my loves!

It's that time of the year again when I buy myself presents. For the most part, I'm good all year and I only shop at Sephora if there's something I really need or there's a limited edition item I want or they tempt me with a really good online-only offer. But for everything else, I hang on and I wait and wait and wait until it's November and I can get most of my shopping done in one big haul during Sephora's 20% off sale for VIB and now VIB Rouge members. I always spend just enough to qualify for VIB status next year.

I think I skipped doing a post last year but my haul involved a lot of sets and eyeliners that I haven't really been testing as much as I should. Oops! This year I decided to go for a bunch of practical items as well as a few fun ones. I also purchased two items that I'm not going to show you which were gift sets for my mom. This was a particularly fantastic shopping trip because I was able to use $200 in Sephora rewards giftcards and start my shopping trip through Ebates giving me 8% cash back.

I was up late (early?) on November 6th constantly refreshing the Sephora page as it continued to crash from all the traffic of everyone else up late trying to place their orders during the 20% off sale. Happily, I was able to snag everything I wanted sometime between 3:00 am and 4:00 am. I'm pretty happy with all of my purchases though I'm thinking about maybe returning the FAB cream as I realized that I already have a backup from a gift set I bought last year.
First of all, I had to pick up of this Shiseido concealer. It's a little pale for me and isn't as high coverage as I need it to be but it's a easy go-to concealer. I love how light it is and how easily it blends in. The first time I bought this concealer I lost it when I took it on vacation. When I bought it a second time and took it on vacation it exploded in my makeup bag. For whatever reason it doesn't travel well but it's fine it carry around in my purse for touch ups. 

I have wanted this Hourglass lip gloss for a while now as soon as I saw they had a mini version but I just left it in my cart assuming it would sell out by the time this sale rolled around. Obviously it didn't. I've heard good things about this shade so I'm excited to try it out this winter.
I love the formula of the Urban Decay Revolution lipstick I already own in F-bomb so I decided to pick up two more shades. I was tempted to get a backup of F-bomb but I don't think this line is going anywhere and I have plenty of that lipstick left.
This is Anarchy. I think it'll make a great fall shade that can also transition into spring and summer.
This is 69. I know I have too many reds. But I can't help myself. Red and fuchsia lip colors are my go-to shades. Also, I have to toss some of my old lipsticks and I don't know if I'm going to replace them yet. Let me know in the comments if you'd be interested in seeing the lipsticks I'm tossing out of my collection.
Now I'm not totally sold on the Clinique blush I already own in Plum Pop. I keep using it with my BH cosmetics brush which I don't think picks up a ton of color so I can't tell how pigmented it is. However, that blush does blend really nicely and look very natural on my skin so I thought what the heck, I'll pick up this orange-y shade as long as it's on sale. So far I haven't been able to commit to an orange blush but maybe this will be the one.

This is my fun purchase. I heard about this product from amarixe and fell in love with her swatches. I don't know how I'll rock this product as I stay away from heavier eye looks but it was just too gorgeous to resist and sales are a great excuse to try out more outlandish products you normally wouldn't purchase.
The top looks like an eye dropper but it's attached to a doe-foot applicator.
It looks quite coppery in the bottle but hopefully it's more rose gold on the skin.

I still don't quite know how I feel about Dior Creme de Rose which is why I haven't written a review yet. I think it might be drying but it's also kind of soothing when I have dry lips or I'm having an allergic reaction. I decided to get a backup anyway. 
I picked up another Shiseido eyelash curler. This is the only thing that's ever worked for my eye shape though it still hasn't helped me find a good mascara. I don't think there's anything wrong with my old one. I think I bought it in 2012 but I curl my lashes so infrequently that I think I can get away with using it at least for a few more months. However, I did switch out the pad with the backup pad in this box. I lost the packaging and backup pad for the curler I originally purchased.
I also got more backup eyelash curler pads because why the hell not.

No comments:

Post a Comment