Sunday, November 2, 2014

REVIEW of Cult Nails Nail Lacquer in Fetish

Hello lovelies,



Did you have a fun night on Halloween? I stayed in like the boring old lady that I am and put the finishing touches on my Project Runway Threads recap. If you'd like to check it out you can find it on trashtalktv.com. Bear in mind that it's comedy and I'm not nearly as nice and normal as I am on here. I did celebrate Halloween with a special manicure after I removed Zoya Amy. I really don't do black nail polish that often unless it's to go with a nail art look but I could not resist this matte black polish from Cult Nails. All the reviews I read said that it looked like leather and anyone who knows me knows that I can't resist leather.

Color: Fetish is a black matte creme polish. Of course it is. Could it polish named Fetish be anything else? I do think it looks different from other mattes or a black polish with a matte top coat. It doesn't have that dry look to it. I hesitate to call it a rubbery or leather finish because I think it's too thin for that. It's just it's own thing I guess. It's a smooth, slightly soft looking black. If polishes were lipsticks it would be the satin finish in between matte and high gloss.
Formula: The formula is on the thinner side.
Application: The first coat of polish went on as the most gorgeous, shiny inky black and I instantly remembered why I painted my nails black through so much of high school. I do feel like the shape of the brush, which fans out at the bottom like a bell skirt, holds a bit too much polish making it hard to control. The polish isn't so thin that it floods the cuticles but because I can't really control how much polish is on the brush, it's harder to keep it out of my cuticles. It also took a bit of practice to figure out how to apply the polish. Because the formula was a little thin, too much pressure could wipe the polish off the nail instead of applying more. The polish dries to a matte finish fairly quickly. The second coat of polish went on super smoothly as well. By this time I had a better handle of how to control the brush but I still had to do some cleanup. I did add a third coat to my ring finger because the polish was a little patchy (aforementioned pressure wiping the polish off) and to my pointer finger because I took off a bit too much polish cleaning up the cuticle.
Wear: I wore this polish for six days. The second day I had it on I wrapped the tips of my nails again because I was getting tip wear and I was going out to dinner with a friend. Also, a threw on a bunch of layers of L'Oreal 24-carat on my pinky for a flashier look. I continued to get tip wear after that but it wasn't as much as the transition from day one to day two. I think I must have been cooking or something to get tip wear that quickly. After the six days I had tip wear but I could easily re-wrap the tips of my nails and continue wearing this polish. The only other issue is that there are scuff marks on one of my nails and I dented the polish on my right thumbnail.

CONCLUSION: Yeah. I would absolutely recommend this polish. Now I know matte black polishes aren't for everyone but if you're into them, this is definitely a polish you should pick up. The polish goes on smoothly and is opaque in two coats. You might need a bit of practice to keep it out of your cuticles but otherwise, it's fantastic and you get a great effect.

SWATCHES










No comments:

Post a Comment