Thursday, November 6, 2014

Alexis Bittar Sample Sale Report November 2014

Hello raindrops,
I'm sorry for not getting this up sooner. I had a late night waiting for Sephora's website to get back online so I could basically cash in all my chips during the VIB 20% off sale and requalify for VIB status next year. If you're interested in shopping the sale, the code is GIFTVIB.
First, all the boring details. The sale is being held at 143 W 19th St between Sixth and Seventh Avenues. Today and tomorrow (Thursday November 6 and Friday November 7) the hours are 8:30 am through 7:30 pm. The last day of the sale will be Saturday November 8 from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. With a three day sale like this I wouldn't really expect markdowns. Both cash and credit are accepted.

I arrived at the sale at 9:20 am where to my dismay I found a short line. I do not understand the door situation at all but I didn't want to make trouble. A ton of people were coming out but they weren't letting us in. After a confusing but not endless wait I was able to escape the damp chill and check my jacket and bag. They let me keep one of the ipsy makeup bags I use in lieu of a clutch. I'd recommend bringing something similar instead of just hanging onto your wallet because then you can keep other valuables with you.

The layout of the sale is exactly the same as the last time I covered it in June. I don't have all the photos I could have taken because for some reason after I had gone through most of the room the woman behind the bracelet counter told me not to take pictures and as I was leaving I didn't want to make trouble. I think I missed two shelves of bracelets and the table of bracelets and necklaces you can see in one of the first photos in my June post. It's not a huge loss as the more interesting items were on the other displays anyway.
Overall, I found the sale a little disappointing for my taste. Pricing was exactly the same. You can definitely find a good number of items at the lower end of the price range at $49 and $79 but obviously larger and more embellished pieces will be closer to the $100 to $200 range. There were just a lot of darker metals (possibly Ruthenium) and gold and larger pieces that just aren't practical for me. I also felt like some of the pieces did look a little cheap as though I could find dupes at H&M or Forever 21. I avoid pieces like that because if I'm going to spend the money I don't want it to look like something I spent $10 or $20 on. There were also pieces from previous sales/seasons that hadn't been marked down at all.
This pair of rose gold earrings was $79 in June and it's still marked at $79.
Rings were off to the side by the cashier as usual. Oversized cocktail rings dominated but I was able to find some smaller pieces. Here are the highlights.
$79
$79
$49 I don't know if you can tell from the photo but I think the thing on the right is supposed to be a fish.
$79
$159
$99


$99

Brooches were right beside the rings. 


$159 Dragonfly brooch
$99 Flower brooch
$159 Flower brooch

$159 Flower brooch
Working counterclockwise, a table of statements occupied the space beside the brooches. 
$159
The necklace with the red stones was $159.
$159
And now for more photos than anyone could possibly want. You're welcome.






$79
$79
$79





$79
$79
$199
$99
$79



$79

$159



















$49
$49
$79








$199
$159
$159

I hope that helps you decide whether or not to brave the rain to check out this sale. Just because the items being offered weren't my style, it doesn't mean you won't find something you like. I heard security say that a hundred people had been through and while I was in line I saw plenty of women leaving with shopping bags. 

No comments:

Post a Comment