Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Rachel Zoe Collection First Ever Sample Sale

Hi darlings!
I'll admit it. I think Rachel Zoe is adorable. And possibly insane. But as you can see from the name of my blog, I don't really have a problem with that. :) Before I started up this beauty, fashion, rambling blog I used to recap her show for another website. In general, I like what I've seen of her collections. They're a little too expensive for me but I appreciate her aesthetic of accessible, wearable fashion. She designs the kind of clothes you would think a stylist would design, with more of an eye towards flattering, practical clothes than certain big name designers.
Anyway, I was super excited when I found out 260 Sample Sale was going to be holding the first ever Rachel Zoe sample sale. I know there have been some complaints with the DVF and J. Crew sales (J. Crew sale is going on right now) that the space isn't big enough but I feel like it's a pretty big space and the sale organizers try and do their best to accomodate shoppers. I mean, I've been to sales in smaller spaces in the past that were just less crowded because there were fewer shoppers. It's not their fault if demand is high and a lot of people show up. Sorry, getting off track again...
Here's what you need to know.
Collections: Fall 2011, Resort 2011, Spring 2012 Ready to Wear and Shoes
Location: 260 Sample Sale at 260 Fifth Avenue (between 28th and 29th St)
Dates and Times: Wednesday June 27 - Friday June 29 from 10am - 8pm
                              Saturday June 30 from 10am - 4pm
Discount: Up to 60% off

UPDATE: I know there have been a lot of complaints from shoppers and sale bloggers that the sale is overpriced. Personally, it's part of the reason I stayed away on day one. Apparently, sale organizers were listening, because on the second day, they're already slashing prices and taking an additional 30% off all apparel. I suggest checking out the reports on Mizhattan and Racked NY to see if this makes the sale worthwhile for you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment