Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Thoughts on Life...The Absence of Feeling

Hi guys,

I know it's been a while since I've written a post like this. Basically, I've kind of morphed into a full time fashion/beauty blogger. And I know this isn't a true return to form as I'm writing about what I'm thinking and not specifically about the act of writing. But, you know, what the heck. It is my blog, right? :)

Do you ever get the sense that if someone were to ask you how you're feeling, you wouldn't know how to answer? Now, don't go psychoanalyzing me. I don't need a diagnosis. I'm just a little, well, I guess maybe I'm a little burned out. And perhaps I'm trying to avoid a few things. I don't know. Usually I work this kind of thing out in my writing (I mean my fiction writing) but I just wanted to chat a bit. To you, whoever you are, out there. Hi!

I just get a little tired sometimes. And scared. And lonely. And I suppose it's easier to put roadblocks in the way of your own happiness and success than to confront that fear and loneliness and do something about it. I remember hearing somewhere that the easiest thing to do is the thing you're already doing. Hopefully that's not from a terrible Lifetime movie. I have sort of terrible viewing habits when I'm feeling sentimental.

Anyway, I don't know why I'm writing. I guess maybe I just needed to work this all out to myself as a little reminder that you don't get anything in life by hiding away and avoiding the things that feel scary. Even if you walk outside and it starts raining, and I mean pouring, and thunder is rumbling every step of the way, what are the chances you'll be struck by lightning? I think it's a safe bet that the probability of you getting where you need to go increases greatly with every step you take out the door.

So...yeah. I guess that's all I wanted to say.

Thanks for listening.
Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment