Sunday, June 10, 2012

Nighttime Special Occasion Nails/Tony Award Nails

Hi darlings!


I just wanted to quickly share the manicure I came up with yesterday to celebrate the Tony Awards tonight. It's also good for any glam nighttime special occasion party and it is really simple because you want to focus on having fun and not doing complicated nail art. For this look, I used Essie's Bobbing for Baubles which has a perfect formula so you won't have to stress about getting a smooth base color. You can read my original review at this link. http://smartandsarcasticwithdashesofinsanity.blogspot.com/2012/01/review-of-essies-bobbing-for-baubles.html

On top of that, I layered 2 or 3 coats of O.P.I.'s Piroutte My Whistle. I want to try layering it over different colors before I give my final review but I think it applied really smoothly and I liked the amount of control I had. Unlike other glitter top coats, this one only applied a few pieces of glitter at a time so in each coat I had more control over placement. And the formula was nice enough that successive coats didn't thicken up the layers too much.

I decided to dress up my thumb with some nail art. I just did a basic tuxedo nail. There are tons of tutorials online but my inspiration was cutepolish on youtube but inverted so it would be right side up. I jazzed it up by using O.P.I.'s Just Spotted the Lizard for the shirt color. I used Milani's Black Magic for the tuxedo, bowtie, and buttons which I found smooth and easy to work with but you can use any black you have in your collection. This design is super fun to play with because you can vary the color of the jacket or shirt or any component and have a different look.

SWATCHES











No comments:

Post a Comment