Monday, December 12, 2011

Drugstore Haul (Plus Butter London)

I don't really do huge hauls anymore since I've learned its better to keep the amount of products I use and have to a minimum so I'm not under pressure to use 5 mascaras and 20 eyeshadow palettes before they go bad or get way too contaminated with bacteria to be safe to use. And yes, I'm kind of at that point right now. However, the deals at Walgreen's were too good this week. I couldn't stop myself from popping in, and even though I didn't get a ton of L'Oreal products like I thought I would (L'Oreal mascara, eyeliner, and lip products are $5.99 this week at my local Walgreen's) I did pick up enough items to make this a mini haul. Considering the fact that I just got into my apartment a little while ago, I don't have an opinion on these products yet, but I thought you might like to see what I picked up.

Revlon nail polishes: Both of these were part of the new Revlon displays with Olivia Wilde sporting green nail polish in the ad. I had been drowsily browsing through the pathetic existing Revlon display and thought that I might try out Revlon's stormy, although it made me think of sad little mushrooms (inside joke). However, once I saw the display and saw these colors I could not be stopped. Really, the only thing Revlon needs to do is have great colors and position themselves somewhere near OPI or Essie and I'm sold.

471 Fashionista (Teal) I really want this to be a dupe for OPI's Ski Teal We Drop. I doubt that it will be. It looks a little lighter but still, a drugstore teal for a few dollars less and without the trip uptown to the one place that has OPI STWD would be amazing.


410 Dreamer (Light Blue/Sky Blue) Just a very pretty light blue. Essie's Sweet Talker, OPI's I Vant to Be A Lonestar and OPI's Go On Green are my only other real light blues and they don't seem anywhere close to this so I was comfortable getting it.


Milani Liquif'eye in Black: I want to see what all the hype is about. I still love my Maybelline gel liner but most days I find I don't have the time to draw on a nice precise line with it so I just go without. If this doesn't smudge, then it means not having to deal with a brush and being able to take this on the go and do touchups throughout the day if necessary.



L'Oreal Infallible Gloss in Rebel Red: Now, longtime readers will know I have problems with the "Le Gloss" formula. I am very allergic to something (probably artificial/synthetic chemical) in them and they destroy my lips. But I love their British Red lipstick. So this is uncharted territory for me. I will let you know how it goes.



Butter London nail lacquer in Artful Dodger: I actually picked this one up at Ricky's but I thought I'd throw it into this haul anyway. I caved! It came out to over $16 (Gasp!) but I'm just too curious about Butter London. Also, I did manage to tear myself away from the new Essie topcoat collection knowing that I need to buy all my Essie polishes at Duane Reade* so I felt I deserved a little something for my good behavior.


So tell me...are you interested in any of these products? Are you looking forward to reviews or do you want to get them for yourself? Do you already own any of them? What do you think of them? Let me know your thoughts in the comments. :)

*If you have a Duane Reade FlexRewards card and love Essie polishes, you should really sign up for the Essie Club and buy your Essie polishes at Duane Reade (unless of course you can't find the one you want there, *cough cough* Bobbing for Baubles). Why? Well, you get double points on the purchase of each polish AND you get a free bottle of Essie polish after you buy 7 nail polishes. 7 sounds like a lot, but my nail polish collection seems to be growing exponentially so I wouldn't worry about that if you're like me, and you like keeping up with the trends and new collections. Oh, and in case you're not familiar with the policy at Duane Reade, you get points for each purchase and when you reach 500 points at some time you can go in and get $5 back.

No comments:

Post a Comment