Saturday, January 7, 2012

REVIEW of Essie's Bobbing for Baubles with SWATCHES


I have had this polish since mid-November but it never seemed to be the right time to try it out. Now, in the middle of winter, I'm absolutely in love with it. I think I'm going to get another bottle the next time I see one at Duane Reade. Essie Club and all that. Anyway, this is just the perfect dreamy, creamy dark blue/off-black nail polish. Everytime I tried to sit down and think up adjectives to describe it, I had to wonder why anyone wouldn't love this nail polish. It's rich and sexy and edgy but still mature and subdued. LOVE. The formula is a dream. Two coats for full opacity. Three coats painting with my nondominant hand to do some touch ups. Also, this had another one of those perfect not too thick and goopy or too thin and watery Essie formulas that almost self adjusts to a perfectly even coat. My one teensy tiny problem is this is such a perfect cream finish that it at the right angle, it shows off smudges like crazy.

I adore the blue I get in natural light but I think I miss wearing black nail polish because I don't mind the very dark navy/almost black that it darkens to either. The regular color for this polish is dark enough that I don't think you should be too upset when this darkens to an off black at night, unlike when you think you're getting a vampy purple and it just turns out to be black. I think this color would work well for a lot of skintones but I would recommend it especially for very light skintones. It just looks so much more dramatic.

Conclusion: I don't think this polish is super unique and it might disappoint some people who don't want a polish this dark or want something truer to the color in the bottle. HOWEVER, I'm probably going to repurchase it and I think the formula is marvelous.
 
And now, super color-accurate swatches galore!









I just thought I'd add the last two because I thought it was funny that the polish matches my MCAT book. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment