Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Quaker Soft Baked Bar in Banana Nut Bread REVIEW


Quaker Soft Baked Bar in Banana Nut Bread: $3.29 for package of barsWhat the card says... Made with real bananas and almonds, Quaker Soft Bars in Banana Nut Bread flavor have tasty ingredients to help provide fuel to start your day. 5g Fiber, 20% of daily value of 5 B Vitamins and 6g of protein!
My first impressions were correct. This product is too sweet. I've been keeping it in my fridge and eating it bit by bit over a few days even though the bar is smaller than my hand. I just can't handle eating more than that in one sitting. In your first bite, you get all of that lovely banana nut bread flavor but as you chew, you hit the soy crisp rice and this terrible cloying, artificial taste. The packaging is right. If you nuke it in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds depending on how powerful your microwave is, it does taste better. But it's still too sweet. Because of the nutritional value and ingredients, I don't think this is healthy enough to recommend as a grab-and-go meal replacement or tasty enough to have as a treat. I think you'd be better off going to a bakery or baking your own banana bread. Even the store-bought kind isn't that bad.

(I received this product to review in my Influenster Summer Voxbox.)




No comments:

Post a Comment