Monday, July 30, 2012

Target Beauty Bag Product Review PART TWO

Pantene Flat to Volume Conditioner for Fine Hair

This product sounded perfect for me, but it is so difficult to tear me away from my regular Garnier shampoo. After Garnier everything feels kind of thick and leaves my hair with a slightly stick residue. But I decided to give this a shot. My hair routine is absolutely terrible. I use too much product, I know. I start off with Head and Shoulders shampoo, then follow with the Ultimate Shine Shampoo Bar from Lush, wash that out with my beloved Garnier shampoo and then finish with my Garnier conditioner.
Full disclosure, the first time I tried to use this product I was extremely sleep deprived so I ended up using 3x as much product as I would have normally because I was convinced it was a shampoo and thus confused as to why it wouldn't lather up. So there goes 3 testing days. I used 2x my normal portion, realized my mistake, washed it out with shampoo and then finished with the conditioner again. But I count that as an invalid test.

The second time I tried to use this product, I didn't wash my hair for a few days, letting it get very tangly. A little too tangled. The conditioner did a nice job of working through some the tangles but my hair was still a mess. I had to go through another cycle of washing and conditioning with my Garnier products. So this possibly might not be the best product for very tangled hair. Also, my scalp itched after washing my hair. I don't think it was caused by the product, but this conditioner did nothing to alleviate the itch.

I love the way the product smells. It leaves your hair with a very subtle, light, clean scent but straight from the bottle or when you're using it in the shower the smell is intoxicating. It reminds me of Tocca perfumes and candles, very light and feminine in a mature kind of way. If Pantene distilled this scent to a perfume I would totally buy it.

Neutrogena Visibly Bright Daily Facial Cleanser
It is so difficult to make me change my skincare routine. My skin is very finicky. It's either in very bad shape, in which case, I don't really feel like it's fair to test out products and expect them to have amazing results...or it is perfect and I don't want to upset the balance.

However, I finally did get around to doing some testing when my skin was smooth and blemish free. I used it after I had removed my makeup so there wasn't anything to break down. I like the consistency. The product is a clear gel which turns white with the addition of water. The fragrance wasn't too heavy and the scent was bright and refreshing. My skin felt a tiny bit smoother after using the product and it may have looked a little bit brighter. I don't think this is one of those products where you're going to see a massive improvement, but if you like the scent and the way it feels, it might be something nice to add to your routine. The good news is it didn't break me out or dry out my skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment