Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Mini Lush HAUL

I dropped by Lush today to smell all the Valentine's Day products I've been hearing about. I didn't really find the mushroom bubble bar (though adorable) or the frog bath bomb very fragrant or terribly appealing but the girl was so nice that I ended up getting some other things instead.

3 products purchased, 1 free sample of Lust soap, 1 sample of moisturizer, 1 sample of cleanser

Free sample of Lust soap which should go nicely with the Lust perfume I already own

In hand (for size comparison)
Small size of Lust perfume (heady and delicious jasmine scent)

Avobath Bath Bomb
Among the other ingredients, Lush says this contains avocado to soften skin, and lemongrass and citrus scents. My nose isn't great at picking out citrus notes but I was immediately drawn to this. It's a mild, pleasant, clean scent. It reminds me of the best clean, almost unisex perfumes.


Cut in half. This took freaking forever. I thought I was going to slice my hand open from exhaustion. This is large bath bomb so I decided to cut it in half to use twice.

Rose jam bubbleroom.
These are tiny and fairly expensive given their size, but I couldn't resist once I felt the texture and got a whiff of the scent. These smell delicious and I hope they'll be more moisturizing that the bath bombs have been so far. I comfort myself with the thought that I spend about as much on these as I do on real macarons (which is what they're based on).


 The bubble bar has a really pretty, delicate but definitely detectable rose scent. It's held together loosely by some kind of paste. I barely had to exert effort to pull the two halves apart.

Twilight bath bomb
If this had anything to do with glittery vampires I would have put it back. Thankfully, it does not because I love the scent of this. Usually I hate lavender, but this is very light and more floral than herbal and musky. The outside is a light pink bath bomb speckled with an irregular yellow pattern.

Mine has a hole in it. I don't know if that's customary. Anyway, the inside of the bath bomb seems to contain a smaller light blue orb. The salesperson told me that together they are supposed to evoke the colors of twilight. Whatever that means. Really, some of these things are a little too high concept.

This was very easy to split open but as you can see, it didn't split evenly. I'm guessing it was because of the layers.

Not the best name in the world. She tried this on me in the store but I wanted to see how it would stand up to real makeup (as opposed to the light foundation she put on my hand). I've never tried a cream cleanser but it wasn't too bad. It feels very light, like a whipped lotion. I massaged it into one eyelid (because my heavy-duty makeup is mainly on my eyes) and it sort of dissolved my eyeshadow and Maybelline gel eyeliner into pigment which got mixed into the cleanser. I didn't really have it on too long and I was careful but it didn't sting my eyes. After everything was dissolved, I wiped it off cleanly with a wet paper towel. Now, a bit of water on a paper towel can remove my eyeshadow but it won't take off my eyeliner or mascara. That was my control. The Ultrabrand cleanser didn't remove my waterproof mascara either. Now, I'd have to try it out with drugstore mascara or even Clinique because Fairydrops kind of has a crazy thick formula that makes the mascara wash off in flakes. Still, I think a good cleanser should be able to remove mascara so I'll keep testing this one.




I also picked up a little container of BB Seaweed Mask (apparently only good until February 13) so I guess I'll be using it pretty frequently over the next few weeks to get 6-8 uses out of it. It's sitting in the refrigerator and I don't want to take it out. I'll probably take pictures for the review.

Well, I hope you enjoyed my haul. Please leave any comments below as always. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment