Wednesday, January 11, 2012

REVIEW of Lush's Phoenix Rising


http://www.lush.com/shop/products/bath-shower/bath-bombs/phoenix-rising

      This is probably my favorite of the Lush bath products I've tried so far but that's not saying much. It had a beautifully rich cinnamon and apple scent which made me very happy after realizing I had missed out on Cinders, a holiday scent. Who releases fairytale scents just for the holidays? Fairytales are enjoyable year-round.

        Anyway, I kind of wish I had just left this in my bathroom instead of using it because it made the room smell marvelous. As you can see from the picture, it's a deep purple bath bomb covered in gold glitter. Well, I chose one that was covered in gold glitter. :) The reason I liked this bath bomb was in part because of the scent which was much stronger and more pleasant than the others and because it was more of an experience. It perfumed the bath water more, dyed it a purple/red color and took a good long time to dissolve. The bath bomb is named Phoenix Rising because it initially sinks to the bottom of the bath and then as the center dissolves, it rises to the top of the water. When it rises up, you're left with a hollowed out container that floats with or without water in it. I could try and work out the physics of all of this but I'm sure it's just some nonsense about buoyant forces and density. As it dissolves the color of the bath bomb changes, I'm not sure if the purple is just a surface dye but when it's almost completely dissolved it's a white solid with specks of red, blue, and pink.

       For a pleasant bath experience I think I would recommend this product, though I'm not sure if it would rise if you cut it in half so you might have to use the whole thing at once which I understand is a little expensive. My other issue is that I still don't think these do much for your skin. My skin doesn't feel any softer and it feels a bit drier after using all these Lush products in my baths. I couldn't really smell this one in my hair or on my skin afterwards which was odd considering the fact that the scent was stronger than the other items I used and I used the whole thing instead of half. But that might be a positive for some people. It didn't leave any dye or glitter residue in my tub and probably made it cleaner given the ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment