Monday, January 23, 2012

REVIEW Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer in 120 "Light"


Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer in 120 Light

Pros
  • powdery, dry, matte finish
  • brightening
  • light formula
  • light coverage
This dries to look fairly matte which I imagine would be good for oily skin. The color is light enough that it seems to brighten up my eyes. The formula feels very light so I almost forget I'm wearing it. It offers light to medium coverage which is good if you don't want a heavy full face of makeup. If you like it, it would be a good everyday concealer as opposed to some of the heavier cream formulas which are better for formal occasions like weddings or parties.

Cons
  • powdery, dry matte finish
  • ghostly
  • light coverage
  • not great for dry skin
  • doesn't blend well
  • sponge-tip applicator
Some people won't like the dry, matte look. For my dry skin I prefer things that make it look more hydrated and dewy. The brightening effect can also be a bit ghostly. I don't know if I chose the wrong color (very possible) or if it just doesn't blend well but it looks a touch too white over the dark circles under my eyes. The light coverage might not be enough for you if you have very dark circles, a lot of redness and acne, or dark sunspots or age spots. It diminishes the look of my dark circles and the slight redness around my nose but it doesn't do away with it completely. I don't think it's great for dry skin. It makes my skin look drier and it sort of sits on top of my skin instead of blending. I tested it on my hand and instead of blending in, it crept into the edges of my skin cells. I can't imagine this would be good if you have wrinkles or acne scarring. The sponge tip applicator is not very good for blending and is rather unhygenic. Any bacteria or dirt from your face is going to transfer onto the sponge and stay there throughout the life of the product. I would definitely avoid using this directly on blemishes or acne.

CONCLUSION: I don't hate this product, but I can't recommend it for people with dry skin or anyone who needs a medium to heavy concealer.

Close-up of sponge tip applicator
Liberal amount dabbed onto back of hand (not blended in)

Blended in (note dryness)

Close up (notice emphasizes pores/skin cells)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment